SY 24-25 Elementary School PE Teacher
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Care: Support others by grounding every action in empathy while championing equity and inclusion in our work
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking an energetic, inspiring, and organized Specials Teacher to join our team!
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success with a broad range of students and is looking to be a collaborative member of a highly professionalized learning community.
As part of a growing organization, you will play a vital role in school governance and curriculum development. As an Art or Physical Education teacher, you will help create and implement an innovative curriculum designed to teach our diverse community of students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach and provide feedback to K-5th grade students during specials classes
- Increase overall physical and health awareness in the elementary school community
- Plan and implement physical education curricula and lesson plans
- Develop a culture of teamwork, participation, and collaboration among students
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline, and maintain a positive and supportive classroom environment
- Measure student progress frequently
- Collaborate with colleagues within your department and grade-level team
- Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities
- A dedication and commitment to our mission to be a school that is diverse by design
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field; a master’s degree is a plus
- Current and valid New York State Teaching License or eligibility for reciprocity in New York
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) or Paid Sick Time (PST) based on date of hire and hours worked per week
- 401(K) and Roth IRA with a 4% employer match with a 3-year vesting schedule
- Flexible spending accounts, including Transit Commuter Options, Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA options
- Ancillary insurance, including Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program with free expert support services to assist with a variety of life issues, from family care to mental health services
- PTO buyback policy
- Employees at Prospect Schools are provided with a competitive salary. Our salaries are set through a lens of equity, and based on an individual’s skills, education, and years of experience relevant to the role. The salary range for this role is from $61,500-$102,880 based on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Prospect Schools is an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind, including based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Prospect Schools will not sponsor international candidates.