Middle School Spanish Teacher (Immediate Start)
Clinton Hill Middle School
About the Position
Join the Prospect Schools teaching staff in our move to drive student growth and develop young minds.
As a Middle School Spanish Teacher you will help to create a classroom that is a warm, well-structured, and organized learning environment where consistent routines and expectations are set for your students and for yourself.
Prospect Schools is a high performing, intentionally diverse, K-12 college preparatory charter network with six schools in Brooklyn. We have set a vision to become, by 2025, the leading network of intentionally diverse schools where students and educators can work, learn, and thrive. We hope you’ll join us on this journey.
Our experienced team of leaders and educators works hard every day to prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and develop a lifelong passion for learning. We are committed to offering a rigorous educational experience to all of our students regardless of background, familial income, or geography, because we believe all children have the right to a high quality education. The strong relationships across our communities allows us to push our mission forward each day for more than 2,100 students.
Our Core Values:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Care: Support others by grounding every action in empathy while championing equity and inclusion in our work
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
Find more about who we are and what we believe by spending a few minutes reading our Prospector Principles, viewing this peek inside our schools, or reading some stories about our students and educators.
- Work closely with our school Principal, Department Head, and subject teachers to continuously improve and iterate on relevant curricula
- Teach 3 sections of Spanish (Spanish I and Spanish II)
- Leading an Advisory and support an intervention block
- Use assessment data, student work, and other information to inform plans for student and class objectives
- Operate with the belief that all students can and want to learn.
- Prioritize each student’s academic and social-emotional development.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in education strongly preferred
- NYS teaching certification preferred
- An active community builder who believes in collaborating across teams and functions in order to achieve results
- A deep belief in our mission & vision with a strong enthusiasm for integrating public education and commitment to an anti-racist community
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) or Paid Sick Time (PST) based on date of hire and hours worked per week
- 401(K) and Roth IRA with a 4% employer match with a 3-year vesting schedule
- Flexible spending accounts, including Transit Commuter Options, Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA options
- Ancillary insurance, including Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program with free expert support services to assist with a variety of life issues, from family care to mental health services
- PTO buy back policy
- Employees at Prospect Schools are provided with a competitive salary. Our salaries are set through a lens of equity, and based on an individual’s skills, education, and years of experience relevant to the role. The salary range for this role is from $61,500-$96,470, based on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Prospect Schools is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind, including based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Prospect Schools will not sponsor international candidates.
If you are a current Prospector interested in any of these open positions, please send a Talent Ticket - your application goes to the ‘top of our pile,’ and will be considered before anyone from the general public.