High School History Learning Specialist (Immediate Start)
Brooklyn Prospect High School
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking an engaging and collaborative History Learning Specialist at our Brooklyn Prospect High School Campus! As a Learning Specialist, you will work closely with subject area teachers to plan, execute, and improve dynamic lessons that are individualized so as to leverage student strengths and provide maximum results.
This is an ideal position for someone with a commitment to Special Education, a tenacious spirit, and with the belief that all students are capable of high achievement.
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Care: Support others by grounding every action in empathy while championing equity and inclusion in our work
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
- Work closely with our school Principal, Department Head, and subject teachers to support students with disabilities in the classroom
- Collaborate with co-teacher on modifying and differentiating lesson activities and assessments for individual groups of learners for 4 sections of History
- Contribute to curriculum and unit planning for all relevant courses
- Track progress and create strategic plans and interventions to help students with disabilities and all students achieve individual learning goals.
- Serve as a case manager to a small group of students by monitoring progress, communicating with families, and writing IEPs.
- An active community builder who believes in collaborating across teams and functions in order to achieve results
- A deep belief in our mission and vision with a strong enthusiasm for integrating public education
- Embodiment of our core values to lead students with curiosity, care, persistence, and passion
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in Secondary Special Education strongly preferred
- NYS teaching certification preferred
- At least 1 -2 years teaching in a classroom or supporting students in a SpEd capacity
The critical features of this job are described above; they may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) or Paid Sick Time (PST) based on date of hire and hours worked per week
- 401(K) and Roth IRA with a 4% employer match with a 3-year vesting schedule
- Flexible spending accounts, including Transit Commuter Options, Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA options
- Ancillary insurance, including Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program with free expert support services to assist with a variety of life issues, from family care to mental health services
- PTO buy back policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
Prospect Schools is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind, including based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a current Prospector interested in any of these open positions, please send a Talent Ticket - your application goes to the ‘top of our pile,’ and will be considered before anyone from the general public.